Features & Benefits
The Benefits of RMAX Environmental EPS Produce Boxes
- Superior insulating qualities keep contents colder for longer - preventing spoiling and meeting food safety requirements.
- Water can be retained as they are unaffected by moisture, unlike other boxes, they hold the integrity of the box shape when wet.
- Superb impact and shock protection of contents in transit and storage.
- Clean white finish provides for excellent product preservation and sales appeal.
- A totally inert environment that minimises the risk of bacterial infection.
- Strong, yet lightweight and easy to handle. No assembly or stapling is required. Does not collapse in cold storage.
- Sidewall location lugs allow interlocking, thereby reducing movement on pallets and minimising excessive strapping.
- Built in venting allows for unrestricted airflow for fast cooling in either forced air cooling or hydro-cooling. Vents also allow escape of contents emissions (e.g. ethylene).
- Versatile – one style of box can fit applications across the range. Alternatively a custom made box can be designed for specific needs such as hydro cooling.
- Environmentally safe, 100% recyclable, an incredibly small environmental footprint in manufacture.
In addition to the above, RMAX Environmental EPS has a host of additional benefits that apply to the transport and storage of produce:
|Shock absorption||RMAX EPS has a high-energy absorption index – ideal for protecting produce during transit.|
|High thermal insulation||Protects produce from sudden temperature change while still maintaining ‘Cool Chain’ requirements.|
|Lightweight||Reduces overall packaging weight providing savings in fuel consumption during transit. Less environmental impact.|
|Humidity resistance||RMAX EPS is unaffected by humidity because it does not absorb water.|
|Compressive resistance||Provides ability to bulk stack in warehouse.|
|Nil chemical resistance||Allows produce to be packed without fear of contamination.|
|Hygienic nature||RMAX EPS is inert and innocuous and meets all food contact regulatory standards.|